Articles on this Page
- 04/04/17--14:04: _Black, white musici...
- 08/03/17--12:38: _Crosstown Concourse...
- 10/10/17--16:26: _Opponents and suppo...
- 10/13/17--16:58: _Tennessee Historica...
- 10/17/17--19:59: _Memphis City Counci...
- 02/07/18--16:22: _Mayor Strickland on...
- 02/26/18--14:47: _Mayor Strickland re...
- 02/27/18--09:44: _Sanford: What the R...
- 04/04/18--09:39: _Live at 9: Remember...
- 04/11/18--11:22: _Live at 9: Shelby C...
- 04/16/18--14:20: _City promises quick...
- 04/17/18--06:36: _Company to invest $...
- 04/16/18--14:47: _Memphis father says...
- 06/25/18--02:50: _Police earn hefty o...
- 07/11/18--10:02: _Live at 9: Jim Stri...
- 09/06/18--14:04: _Memphis students ha...
- 10/18/18--15:50: _WREG discovers more...
- 11/02/18--14:47: _Millions of dollars...
- 11/30/18--11:51: _Memphis to push sta...
- 12/20/18--19:15: _Take ‘Em Down 901 a...
- 08/03/17--12:38: Crosstown Concourse opening set for Aug. 19
- 10/17/17--19:59: Memphis City Council presses for action plan on Confederate statues
- 02/27/18--09:44: Sanford: What the Rye, Strickland debate tells us about Memphis
- 04/04/18--09:39: Live at 9: Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- 04/16/18--14:20: City promises quick fix for trash piled up in Cordova
- 04/16/18--14:47: Memphis father says delayed 911 response time put his family at risk
- 06/25/18--02:50: Police earn hefty overtime pay to protect Memphis mayor
- 09/06/18--14:04: Memphis students have a conversation with Microsoft top executives
- 11/02/18--14:47: Millions of dollars made from car sales at the Memphis Impound Lot
- 11/30/18--11:51: Memphis to push state for prison time in road rage shootings
Memphis music community and city leaders leaders say the city can learn from those who looked beyond segregation.
Ninety years after it first opened as Sears Crosstown, the newly renovated Crosstown Concourse will officially reopen Aug. 19 with more than 20 musical acts and the screening of a documentary film.
When Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland travels to Athens, Tennessee on Friday to talk to the Tennessee Historical Commission about taking down Confederate statues, he won't be the only one.
Memphis did get Commission approval to have a judge determine if the Forrest statue applies to state law governing certain statues
Nathan Bedford Forrest statuewregthompsona
Members of the Memphis City Council say Confederate statues in the city are a nuisance and need to come down.
"It's not acceptable at all," the mayor said.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The mayor is responding to backlash he heard at the “I Am Memphis” commemoration this weekend. It came from one of the city’s own guest speakers, CNN Commentator Angela Rye. The goal was to honor the sanitation workers, but the city says Rye went off topic as she gave reasons why Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. wouldn’t be proud of how Memphis operates today. We’re told she was brought in because she’s young and the city felt […]
It all began when CNN political analyst Angela Rye questioned whether Memphis has made noticeable progress since 1968.
Check out all the segments from WREG's Live at 9 on Wednesday, April 4, 2018.
King in Memphiswregtaylore
Check out all the Live at 9 interviews from April 10, 2018.
Mayor Jim Strickland apologized Monday to residents in Cordova who complain they haven't had trash picked up in weeks, and promised to solve the problem.
Whitehaven residents and visitors will soon have a new place to enjoy the great outdoors.
We reached out to MPD representatives to try and find out why they say this happened.
Delayed 911 responsewregjacobsons
The Memphis Police Department has paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in overtime to provide 24 hour security for Mayor Jim Strickland.
Check out all the Live at 9 interviews from Wednesday, July 11, 2018.
Microsoft executive and native Memphian Alexia Clayborne talks with Memphis students
Police Director says officers who violate policy will be dealt with
If you lose your car at the Memphis Impound Lot and can't afford to pay to get it out, someone else is making big money on what you leave behind.
Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland said Friday he will ask state lawmakers to make prison time mandatory for road rage shootings, following a string of recent shootings on interstates around Memphis.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A series of events Thursday marked the one year anniversary of the removal of two confederate statues from Memphis parks. But a year later, some are finding that the memories of Jefferson Davis and Nathan Bedford Forrest are harder to remove than their statues were. “That pedestal still casts a big shadow over the rest of the park,” said Paul Morris, a former Downtown Memphis Commission president during a panel discussion at the National Civil Rights Museum. […]